Friday, September 19, 2008

Math Survey Continued

Helen in Financial Aid responds to the question, 'What would you do if you saw a polynomial on the side of the road?' by saying "the safety issue is a variable…" The ellipsis at the end of that kind of scares me. It is kind of like the spooky music in a horror movie. I start thinking why, why is the safety issue variabe, what's she gonna do to the polynomial, don't go upstairs, that is where Helen the polnomial killer is, Ahhhh!

Sorry. Yes, where were we... and pay attention (my students), Helen also said, "And yes, I used math to plot out a perfect baseball diamond for a whiffle ball game for my cub scouts.. they were duly impressed…"

Not many know this, but Helen is also a movie star thanks to John Timmons and his students. Check out her video below.

No comments: